SRPSKI KRIVAK ASSOCIATION, Belgrade, November 18, 2019
On occasion marking the 60th anniversary of the Mining Institute
Translation of spoken text
MINING INSTITUTE founded in 1960 at the request of the mining industry, it was a scientific, developmental research and the design backbone of construction, technical and technological and production great ascent Yugoslav and Serbian mining in the second half of the 20th century. By hiring top scientific and engineering staff, the Mining Institute has become a major engineering school which has inspired best researchers, designers, university professors and carriers of the development of the mineral industry. Behind the Mining Institute are more than 5,500 projects, studies, investment and technical-technological documentation for the needs of the mineral industry, over 200 research projects, 11 patents, new methods, software solutions, rich publishing opus, more than a million in situ and laboratory measurements, experiments and trials. According to Mining Institute projects, more than 70 mines have been opened in the country and abroad, over 40 mineral processing plants, 23 flotation tailings, ash and slag dumps were built. The Institute is the publisher of the Bulletin of Mines of one of the oldest scientific journals in mining, has been out since 1903 with interruptions. The Institute paid particular attention to and supported university education, providing laboratories, a library and other resources, also assisting in the selection of topics and the preparation of magister’s and doctoral theses.
Аt the ceremonial academy awarded to the Charter of the Board of the Srpski Кrivak Association