8th BALKAN MINING CONGRESS
HELD IN THE YEAR OF MARKING 60 YEARS OF THE WORK OF MINING INSTITUTE BELGRADE
24-26 June 2020
MINING INSTITUTE BELGRADE
Department of Mining, Geological and Systems Sciences
of the Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia
Balkan Academy of Mining Sciences
INTERNATIONAL COORDINATION COMMITTEE
Academican Prof. Dr. Slobodan Vujić, Serbia, chairman
Prof. Dr. Tzolo Vоutov, Bulgaria
Prof. Dr. Vladimir Malbašić, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dr. Marjan Hudej, Slovenia
MSc. Sasho Jovchevski, Northern Macedonia
Dr. Miodrag Gomilanović, Montenegro
Prof. Dr. Jani Bakallbashi, Albania
Prof. Dr. Bahtiyar Unver, Turkey
Prof. Dr. Nicolae Iliaş, Romania
Emeritus Prof. Konstantinos Panagopoulos, Greec
NATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL
Academican Prof. Dr. Slobodan Vujić, chairman
Academican Prof. Dr. Aleksandar Grubić
Dr. Milinko Radosavljević
Emeritus Prof. Nadežda Ćalić
Prof. Dr. Milan Trumić
Prof. Dr. Slobodan Trajković
Prof. Dr. Jasminka Cvejić
Prof. Dr. Milenko Pušić
Prof. Dr. Aleksandar Milutinović
Prof. Dr. Predrag Lazić
Prof. Dr. Lazar Kričak
Prof. Dr. Vladimir Čebašek
Prof. Dr. Dragana Životić
Assist. Prof. Dr. Tomislav Šubaranović
Prof. Dr. Miloš Tanasijević
NATIONAL ОRGANIZING COMMITTEE
Dr. Milinko Radosavljević, chairman
Dr. Svetomir Maksimović, vice chairman
Dr. Svetlana Polavder, secretary
Prof. Dr. Srđan Kostić
Assist. Prof. Dr. Bojan Dimitrijević
МSc. Jasmina Nešković
MSc. Sandra Petković
MSc. Željko Praštalo
MSc. Stevan Ćorluka
BALKAN MINING CONGRESS
Balkan mining congress is an international scientific gathering which traditionally gathers experts with the purpose of exchange of experiences, knowledge transfer, establishing business relationships, checking of ideas, views and positions, reviewing and grading scientific results, transitional and developmental trends, economic problems, upgrading international cooperation, especially between Balkan countries.
Belgrade Mining institute, in cooperation with Department of mining, geological and systems sciences of the Academy of engineering sciences of Serbia and Balkan academy of mining sciences organizes 8th Balkan mining congress, with previous congresses: Varna, Bulgaria, 2005; Belgrade, Serbia, 2007; Izmir, Turkey, 2009; Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2011; Ohrid, Northern Macedonia, 2013; Petrosani, Romania, 2015; Prijedor, Bosnia and Herzegovina – Republic of Srpska, 2017.
Goals of the Balkan mining congress are achievable, and the door of the Congress are open for all topics related to mining and affiliated fields, and the list of the topics listed below isn’t made to condition, but to inspire:
1. Technologies of exploitation and mineral processing
2. Mining logistics
3. Mining geology, hydro geology, engineering geology, mechanics of rocks and geomechanics, geophysics, seismic etc.
4. Dewatering of the mine
5. Technical, technological, ecological, social and economic aspects of exploitation and preparation of mineral raw materials
6. Planning, projecting and optimization of production and development
7. Mathematical – modeling accesses, system engineering аnd computer integrated technologies
8. Information technologies in mining
9. Geopolitical and local influences on mining economy
10. Risks and risk management in mining
11. Applied research and innovation
12. Development trends of mining and development predictions
13. Modernization, revitalization and re – engineering of mining systems
14. Connection of environment and exploitation of mineral raw materials
15. Protection of living and working environments.
16. Re – cultivation, revitalization and arranging of degraded surfaces
17. Automation and managing processes in mining
18. Following the work and maintenance of the gear and the machines in the mines
19. Energetic and material efficiency of mining systems
20. Standards, legal and normative regulations
21. Engineering education and educational trends
22. History of the mining and cultural heritage
15. 02. 2020. Deadline for submission of papers
15. 03. 2020. Notice of acceptance of paper
15. 04. 2020. Deadline to submit the final version of the paper
15. 05. 2020. Deadline to pay the registration fee
24. 06. 2020. 10h Congress opening
APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTION FOR PREPARATION OF THE PAPERS
Paper in the English language up to 5 (five) A4 pages long to be sent in electronic form until February 15th 2020 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Required paper structure: • title • information about the author(s) • abstract up to 200 words long •key words (5 at the most) • text of the paper (should contain: introduction, chapter(s), conclusion) and • sources of literature.
Text should be prepared in Microsoft Word, using Times New Roman font with size 12. Graphic attachments must have necessary quality and be suitable for black and white print.
Authors are asked to follow these instructions, as the works prepared in different way won’t be accepted.
All papers are going to be reviewed. Accepted papers will be published in Proceedings, providing that the registration fee has been paid on time.
Ten chosen papers will be published in the special issue of the magazine Bulletin of Mines.
PRESENTATION OF PAPERS
Papers can be presented in the official languages of the Congress, English or Serbian. Simultaneous translation is provided.
Time of presentation of papers will be determined at the Congress. Аuthors should plan no longer than 10 minutes.
Regular 200 EUR
Student 100 EUR
For follower 100 EUR
Registration fee includes participation in the Congress, congress material, refreshments during breaks, gala lunch or dinner and following program. Registration fee for follower includes everything but congress material. For student fee it is necessary to submit a certificate of student status. Participants form Serbia pay the registration fee in RSD equivalence.
It is necessary to pay the registration fee until 15th of May 2020 for the work to be included in the program of the Congress and printed in the collection of works.
Exhibitors have the possibility to present their companies, products and technical and technological solutions, projects, services etc. We call companies and organizations which work in the mining sector to join and support the Congress as sponsors or in different ways which enable proactive role and achieving of communicational, marketing and corporation goals. The hotel in which the Congress will take place offers maximal exhibition and other presentational possibilities. We are available for all further questions.
The Congress will be held at the hotel
Hotel Mona Plaza is located in the heart of Belgrade, close to all the city attractions. The hotel which is to open in the fall of 2019, will have 170 spacious modern rooms, 11 multi-functional conference rooms, restaurant, bar and wellness center.
Accommodation for participants
Single room 70 EUR
Double room 80 EUR
The rate includes: Rich buffet breakfast, access to fitness and wellness center, WiFi throughout the hotel, and VAT. The rate does not include city tax app. EUR 1,3 per person, per day. The rates are available two days before and two days after Congress.
Reservation of accommodation via hotel service, е-mail: